1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's A Very Good HDTV Overall?

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by david07, May 19, 2007.

1. david07

david07 Member

I'm looking for an HDTV for everything, including video gaming, tv, sports, and DVD. Mainly going to be playing a lot of video games on it so it should have a lot of video ports and resolution has to be really good. This will be the first time getting an HDTV as all my tv's at home are the old tube ones. Cost should be under 1K and it doesn't have to be too big.

2. Adamontar

Adamontar Member

I would get a HD CRT, the ones which are 100hertz and have hdmi input. You can get these for under 1k, with also 5 years warranty. I would keep away from lcd and plasma, even those HD ones as their quality is still below CRT, and their life span is alot less than CRT.

3. barantro

barantro Guest

I purchased a Sanyo HT30746 30" Wide Screen 16:9 Integrated Digital HDTV (1080i) from Wallyworld. While I am not a huge fan of purchasing high end components from the worlds largest retailer, the price was the best.

I am blown away by the intense color. I have an HDDVR from Brighthse and use the HDMI in/out. The true 1080i is exceptional. Recently the series The Planet was run in HD. I was worried that the wide screen 16:9 aspect would skew the picture, but it turned out I was wrong. The Sanyo adjusted itself perfectly and was able to bring the show to life.

I do not like the remote however. Button placement is odd to say the least, but if you use an allinone remote the remote that comes with the Sanyo will not be an issue.

I have a PS2, Wii and Xbox360 in the house. We have hooked all of them up to the Sanyo. The Xbox by far has the best clarity and definition. FFXI, Halo 2 and Gears of War (XBOX) all played with zero lag and crisp clarity.

I mention clarity a lot. When I switched from a tube SDTV to a 1080i HDTV the color and clarity was the first thing that blew me away.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2007