1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's best/easiest

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Molder, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Molder

Molder Regular member

Hi, I am new to this and have read a lot of the forums and posts, I am a little perplexed, what is the easiest and quickest way to backup my DVDs. I have tried DVDshrink and that seems cool for both sub 4.7G and larger (I know it compresses it) I have a dual layer burner ( media is way to expensive at the moment)and would prefer to burn to 1 DVD.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mark

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

DVD Shrink is about as good as it gets as far as I'm concerned. If you feel the need to buy something then I'd recommend Elby's CloneDVD 2 with Slysoft's AnyDVD, they both do a great job and are very simple to use :)

3. Molder

Molder Regular member

Nephilim, thanks for your input and opinion, I just wanted to know if I was heading in the right direction, thanks again.

Mark

4. michigan

michigan Guest

i agree I use Shrink/Nero nearly always with Decrypter thrown in once and a while to mix it up. I have naver used anything other then Shrink and I personally don't have a need to change. Some people like other programs for various reasons. IMHO Shrink is the best simply because it's Free. Others like other programs because of various features. Your fine with Shrink.

Welcome

5. Molder

Molder Regular member

Michigan,

Thanks for the input, I will stick with it then.

Thanks again.

Mark

6. bigfoot30

bigfoot30 Member

Hi Molder
    Shrink/Decrypter/Nero,, if you have those 3 tools,, there's not a lot better to buy.

7. Molder

Molder Regular member

Thanks Bigfoot30, your a champ.

This is a cool place to get info, I'm just reading about media now, I thought media was media (oils aint oils) should it comform to a standard?

Mark