1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats Better DVD+R TAIYO YUDEN OR DVD+R RITEK RIDATA

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by chaos321, Feb 12, 2005.

1. chaos321

chaos321 Guest

WHATS BETTER DVD+R 4X RITEK RIDATA WHITE INKJET (RICOHJPN01 CODE) OR THE DVD+R 8X TAIYO YUDEN WHITE INKJET PRINTABLE FOR BACKING UP XBOX GAMES ON A PHILPPS DRIVE VERSION 1.6 I THINK, ITS A CRYSTAL XBOX THOUGH BRANDNEW NEED HELP REALLY BADDDLY (SORRY FOR THE CAPITALS BUT REALLY NEED HELP) NEED TO ORDER REAL FAST!!!!

THANXS!!!

2. chaos321

chaos321 Guest

hello please help!

3. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

I would go with the ritek 4x/-r just because i've backed up over 50 games and havn't made any coasters using Ridata. It's not a question of what's better, rather what xbox dvd-rom you have(Thompson, Philips, or Samsung)and compatability issues with certain players and disks. I have the Samsung-sdg605b drive and i use 4x/-r disks(Maxell, Ritek) for every backup. I'm thinking you have either a philips or Samsung on your 1.6 Crystal Box?? I know it's not a shitty Thompson (1.0 thru 1.4 I think) if it's a 1.6..that's good!! The newer Xbox's have the better drives... I would use the ritek 4x/-r not the +r. Taiyo-Yuden is another great brand(probably the best brand) but i wouldn't recommend them for backip up xbox games as they are a bit pricey and i wouldn't be happy to make coasters with those puppys!! not saying you will make coasters but you never know. Let me know what you go with and what drive you have in the box.

4. chaos321

chaos321 Guest

i got a philps