1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whats better quality super vd film or just vcd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by diablo, Jul 10, 2003.

1. diablo

diablo Guest

i got a couple of .avi, .asf .mpeg and .mpg, if i change the .avi, .asf to super vcd film or vcd, whats the better quality im going to burn to cd and one day transfer to dvd when get dvd burner???

can you encode mpeg to mpeg2 with tmpgenc? will the video quality get better? how do i check if its mpeg 1 or 2?

thanks

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Well Super VideoCD has much better quality however it has 1 problem. The frame sizes, 480x480 and 480x576 cannot be used with DVD wheras 352x240 or 352x288 can be, so if ytou are making SVCD i recommend you drop the frame size!

3. diablo

diablo Guest

i cant drop down the frame size in TMPGenc. TMPGenc frame size is darken it wont let me drop it down?
    is there a work around

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

oh ye, thats not very nice, but you can get around it. Click load and go to the TMPGEnc folder, then go to the template folder, and then the extra folder, there double click unlock.mcf, you will be well able to change it then!