1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the best value DVD player?

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by hondito, Aug 24, 2004.

1. hondito

hondito Member

Hello all.
    I will be purchasing my first DVD player soon (yes I have been holding out on VHS for too long). I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions as to what the best value player would be for me.
    My wants/needs are:

1) Simply to play regular DVDs (I don't really care about all the different formats)
    2) I'll need to be able to program it to be multiregion (I'm addicted to British TV shows)
    3) Hopefully something very thin and unobtrusive.
    4) Player that is easily tranportable (mom's house to apt., etc.)
    5) Will use on just regular TV's

I'm looking for all this in a player for around or under $100. I know thats pretty feasible.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Gordon

2. kcc76

kcc76 Regular member

they have 1 here in the uk it plays everthing you throw at it and it is only 3.5cm thick very sleek
    at a cost of £39.99 its called thecnosonic have at look see if there available where you are.

3. andmerr

andmerr Guest

i have found of late that it isnt the actual brand that is the ticket but where it is made.The dvd players that are coming out of china are very cheap but will play every format more or less and that includes dvd/vcd/svcd/ mp3/jpeg/ etc etc.One player that comes to mind was a CONIA.The price was about $70.00 aus.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2004