1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whats the difference between Evox D6 Blue and Evox D6 Red

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by haven1, Mar 21, 2003.

1. haven1

haven1 Member

1-I have just received my new ozxchip but I dont know which Bios to load whats should I use Evox D6 blue or Evox D6 red and whats the defference?.

2-And do I need to change my dashboard and Hard Drive to play backup games? And if I dont have to change my hard drive.

3-Do I need to do something to the xbox hard drive so it can work with backup games?

Thank You for your time

2. hoppers

hoppers Regular member

blue or red just refers to the colour of the boot screen.

you do not need to do anything other than install the mod chip to play backup games, if you have them on disk.

to play backups from the hard drive, you will need to load a dashboard onto your hard drive. also some kind of explorer (eg. Boxplorer) would be helpful.

the hard drive does not need to be replaced to do any of this. although it is small, so only a few games will fit on it.

3. haven1

haven1 Member

Thank you for your reply.
    But cant I just play the game from the backup cd or do I have to load it up to my hard drive to be able to play it. And if I dont does this mean I dont have to change my dashboard and get the explorer?
    And if I change my dashboard is there a way to change your xbox back to the way it was when you bought it. The reason I ask is because if my xbox get damage forsome reason. I would like to bring it back to BEST BUY where I have bought my extra warranty.

Thank You for your help....