1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the Hot Gear this year on Black Friday & Xmas 4 You and why?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by BIGTOXY69, Nov 1, 2007.

1. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Congrats Trip!!!

No Best Buy around my area. I definitely was hoping staples had that 22" acer/samsung on sale this season,but they only had the 19" on sale. I'll wait til next year.Staple's had a very disappointing sale so I didn't even bother with them.

I did get my snow blower yesterday. 28" and 8.5 HP. Now I don't have to worry about getting snowed in, LOL.

$700. That's the cheapest in that size range.I even searched the web for them.

I spent too much $$$ yesterday. I even hit my local walmart yesterday evening. That's 3 wal-marts in 1 day!!!!

We hit 1 saturday sale this morning. Kmart had an 18 v cordless vac/light combo. They had no clue where they were-searched everywhere in kmart. I did take yesterdays DVD players back so I could get individual receipts. Turned out the rebate was limit of 1 per address,and 1 per reciept transaction.

Then hit The Anderson's general store. Only yielded 2 Buckeye's T Shirts for $6 each.

2. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

just picked up an 19" LCD montior for 119.00 online at Tiger Direct!!

its for my Mother so i didn't need the best one they had

3. Blaow

Blaow Member

Picked up a 32" Envision HDTV 720p/1080i for $445, except for the fact I have never really heard much of the brand I love it and it is better than I hoped for. Its certainly a welcome addition to the new room set up with all my entertainment gadgets :D

4. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

All I want for Christmas is my local block buster to get a clean new dumpster. Chris

5. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

why you sleeping in it LMAO!!

6. pcrazy99

pcrazy99 Regular member

I picked up a Motherboard/CPU combo for $198. I got a Q6600 with a motherboard I'm going to sell.

7. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

ChrisC586- I just wish the Latex Matress & Neptunes Manager Lady would fit in it at the same time LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Really Though I really Do wish Dumpster-sQuatch and his 8-Tiny Ewoks would Drop more Clear garBage Bags full of DVD cases in My favorite dumpter! Preferably Double bagged Along with a few Good DVD's still in them !!!! Cheers and happy Xmas one and all ( With Razzleberry Dressing ) Ps#!1 I am not Tim !!!!!!!!!!!!!Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!

8. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

BRRRRRR just got in from the cold, but dumpster has gold in the botoom, not all nice and bageed like bigtoxy and cincy get but scattered all over the bottom. Maybe wish for a new shed for Christmas to put DVD cases in, and maybe a coffee table and end tables to take the places of boxes with DVD cases in them that I use now,LOL Chris

9. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

from here - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/569840/3583601

Finally getting some really up to date kit..it's turning up tomorrow so i'll be knee deep in bits of kit putting this bad boy together..

1 Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Energy Efficient 95W edition Socket 775 (2.40GHz) G0 Stepping L2 8MB Cache OEM CPU
    £153.99 inc VAT and FREE Delivery

1 Zalman CNPS 9700 LED Socket 754, 940, 775, 939 & AM2 CPU Cooler
    £34.36 inc VAT and FREE Delivery

1 Antec Nine Hundred Ultimate Gaming Case - no PSU
    £69.99 inc VAT and FREE Delivery

1 Corsair HX Series 620W Modular PSU
    £88.93 inc VAT and FREE Delivery

1 MSI P35 Platinum Socket 775 FSB1333 onboard 8 channel audio ATX Motherboard
    £97.99 inc VAT and FREE Delivery

2 Crucial 2GB Kit (2x1GB) Ballistix Memory DDR2 PC2-8500 5-5-5-15 Unbuffered NON-ECC DDR2-1066MHz 2.2V 128Meg x 64
    £135.11 inc VAT and small Delivery charge

4 Western Digital WD5000AAKS 500GB SATA II 7200RPM 16MB Cache - OEM
    £62.29 inc VAT and FREE Delivery, for each drive

Grand total = £829.52 inc VAT and Delivery, a great bargain methinks

for now i'll be re-using a few of my USB2.0 optical drives ie dvd-rom and burners

Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  10. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

creaky- Well Congrats on all the new Kit !and Happy Holidays to you and yours !!!!I was going to Mention that OPTICAL Hardware was missing from your D.I.Y Version of DEEP THOUGHT { Hitch HIkers Guide To The Galaxy } till I read the last line of your post ! Interesting !!! are you going to abandon XP in favor of Vista ? I assumed that you were going to recycle your OS as I did'nt see one mentioned ? "4 Western Digital WD5000AAKS 500GB SATA II 7200RPM 16MB Cache - OEM " are we going with a raid setup or are you just Crackers for hard Drive space Like most of us ? Bought 2 WD 500GB Ext/usb's Myself on Black Friday so I hear ya! 40 GB C Drive , /500GB seagate H Drive , 400GB Hitachi F Drive and yet you still outflank Me By 60GB's Pre- 7% deduction of course ! Also thinking of adding 2GB of Memory & an LG ext/usb Burner to laptop but have'nt quite commited to it yet ? anyway creaky good luck and happy Modding !!!!

11. creaky

Happy Holidays to you BigT, and everyone else; not sure how i'm going to configure the drives yet, especially as i have a couple 500GB WD's in caddies too, so don't knows if i'll RAID or not yet, but yes i'll be using XP again, Vista's not going near my shiny new kit to steal half it's resources thank you very much :)

Need another desk, hoping to get one to match the one i already have

12. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

creaky- Furniture Can be hard to match ! Found out the hard way on that ! Well I like the Idea of Massive HDD space myself But I don't keep all that Much Mission Critical data on mine & I don't Game other than Spider Solitaire & Tumblebugs so I Don't really have a use for the raid thing right now ! & To be fair I've only had one HDD fail so fare ( 3years of Hard Use ) NOw the Oldest HDD I have is the Factory WD 40GB that my Emachines came wit(C Drive) It still Chugging right along though !

13. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

Nice rig Creaky, you'll be ripping and encoding video quite nicely with a Q6600. Any plans for an over clock?

14. creaky

initially i wasn't going to, then i read all the success stories, so made sure i got decent RAM and a better cooler, as there's apparently a lot of scope for improvement with this CPU when overclocking, i'd be daft not to :)

15. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

Yeah with the ballistix and the zalman teamed up on the MSI board, you'd definitely be daft not to. With the G0 stepping on that processor you'd be able to hit 3Ghz without breaking a sweat.