1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's with IFOedit?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cyrus26, Aug 29, 2002.

1. cyrus26

cyrus26 Member

I have no idea what I'm doing here. I guess just sucking up oxygen. Can anyone tell me were there may be an IFOedit direction manual. I don't even know how to open up the ripped DVD info onto IFOedit. Can anyone end this torture this program is giving me. Oh by the way my OS is W2K. Thanx.

2. raist0069

raist0069 Member

I am not sure what files you ripped from your DVD but a DVD contains three different files. .VOB, .IFO, and .BUP. VOB contains video, IFO (im new so I will tell you what it means to me) is like the paperwork for the DVD, has everything about it and tells the player how and what to play. BUP is just the backup for IFO.

IfoEdit helps you alter these IFO files so you can alter the playback of the DVD. Most people use it to srip menu's, languages, subtitles and/or to split the DVD into 2 discs.

You open an IFO file with the open butten on bottom left corner of IfoEdit. There are guides that tell you how to use IfoEdit for what your trying to do.

3. cyrus26

cyrus26 Member

Hey, thanks for responding, but when I try to open anything with IFOedit. I browse through the drive, and the files that were copied are not showing up as IFO files. I look directly in the drive, and there are files there, but windows doesn't recognize them to be associated with any programs. I.E. they have the little windows pic as an icon, and when I try to open them, I am prompted to open with what. IFOedit is not a program that is listed. Should I uninstall then reinstall, or should I just format the whole drive again. Thanks