1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where am I going wrong?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by paudge, Dec 24, 2004.

1. paudge

paudge Member

Hi,

First of all I am transferring my video footage via firewire using Windows movie maker to PC. I can basically edit the movie here before saving it to the HD in either WMV format or DV-AVI (NTSC) format. I presume the latter would be best?

Once saving to my HD I am using a trial version of WinAVI Video Converter to create a folder on my desktop containing the AUDIO_TS and the VIDEO_TS folders. The AUDIO_TS is empty while the video contains 5 differnt files.

Is this all ok so far?

I then go to Nero Express. I'm not sure which recorder I'd should use... [5 choices},

I then click on DVD-Video files, then add the files from the VIDEO_TS folder, then next, then click on Burn, but it never works

Where am I going wrong? I will give more details about the Nero Express process when I establish I'm correct up to that point,

P

2. auditech

auditech Member

Bump, I want to know the answer to this as well. I would imagine that you just want to use nero burner. I already learned something new, I need to convert the dv-avi file to mpeg??? Is that correct?? Please help both of us newbs. Thanks.

3. Dk2005

Dk2005 Member

First part your doing everything correct,

What I do is get an AVI or MPG file then convert it using TMPGENC 2.5 Plus to the correct format MPG file, Then I use TMPGENC DVD Author 1.6 this creates the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS in the folder. AUDIO_TS is empty thats correct.

Then I use Nero Vision Express 2 to copy the files from VIDEO_TS to VIDEO_TS and Burn. If it doesnt burn from here I would check your burner burns correctly in Nero Express etc. I use Nero 6.6.0.1 Ultra and have had no problems so far. You can also import the VOB files if you click add files and try it that way.

4. paudge

paudge Member

Ok great, Thanks for the replies,

I have used TMPGEnc (trial download) to create my .m2v file which according to Gspot is MPEG. Also created is a WAV file (Wave Sound) which I'm not sure is for.

Anyway then using TMPGEnc DVD author (trial download) I can create my Audio_TS and Video_TS files. Following the guide at http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/tmpgenc_dvd_author_guide.cfm
    I get to the final 'Write DVD' paragraph. The only button available to click is 'create ISO image'.

What does this mean? where do I get the ISO iamge from?

Up to this point things have been going great and have been impressed with both TMPGEnc programmes.

If successful I will probably purchase both of them. Where is the best place to get them or is there a 'latest version' that can do both?

Cheers,

P

5. paudge

paudge Member

Sorry,

I got it. I seem to be having a problem with my RW drive, it wont recognise any media in it. Any suggestions on how to locate the problem or fix it?

Cheers

P