1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where are the new DVDA rock releases!

Discussion in 'High resolution audio' started by A_Klingon, Oct 12, 2003.

1. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

I've seen a couple of DVDA rippers out there on a few of the less "official" outlet sites, if you know what I mean.
    I agree with the general points though. It would be neat to have Sony on board.
    Digital outputs are a problem, although I must admit I am using Analogue outs for DVDA and reserve the digi outs for DVDV.
    The 5.1 Album is going well - 4 down, 11 to go. Hopefully the Record company will let me post some extracts. If they don't, then I'll personally send you a test burn DVDA for your collection!

2. mfurj

mfurj Member

Klingon
    I couldn't agree more. Selection is pitiful of both DVD-A and SACD. Prices here aren't too bad. The record labels cry about poor CD sales when they should join hands and decide on a format and promote the hell out of it. I just got my player and I have to say it is sweet. I thought DVD-A sounded great on a straight up DVD player but true DVD-A sounds awesome. It looks like for now the ball is in the hands of the player manufacturers to bring us multi-format players because of the issue of only buying this artist on DVD-A and that artist on SACD. I just read a review on another Pioneer player that plays everything and even has some bass management for $175 here in the states. Sound and Vision magazine has monthly articles on multi channel music. Good magazine. sound and vision online .com check it out.

3. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

Maybe it's time for a good old-fashioned petition?
    Perhaps we can start the ball rolling here. What say you, mike? Can we get up a forum-wide petition in some way - a sticky post of some sorts?
    Then bombard every major label out there!

4. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

Last edited: Nov 1, 2003