1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do I look to hire a professional salderer?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by splashed, Feb 18, 2004.

1. splashed

splashed Member

Hi Guys! I need someone to take a look at my saldering points because I can play as long as I want off my xbox hdd flawlessly but when I go to switch games I have to let the xbox cool for an hour before it will let me. Sometimes the games just wont load, and sometimes they'll load but the sound is staticy. I'm not sure what causes this, but I thought it would be nice to rule out my saldering points. Where does one look to find a salderer that would do a job such as this? I looked around in the yellow page and am not sure which professions to call to ask... Thanks for your help guys!

P.S. I don't really want to mail it anywhere, unless its a really reputable place who won't charge me an arm and a legg. I mean my saldering points are probably fine... I just want to rule it out in my trouble shooting adventures.

xbox v1.5
    xecuter 2.3b lite
    maxtor 120gb, 7200rpm, 8mb cache.
    evox (through slayers, newest 2.5)
    Fan Mod. (I run at about 120F)

splashedwater22@yahoo.com

2. ABMone

ABMone Guest

I just wanted to add that professional sodder's that work for companies will probably not even look at your xbox so take it to a known XBOX modder.

Where do you live because you should be able to find one anywhere.

3. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

Some 7200rpm drives will sometimes overheat
    your x box, if you bought it new it will be 7200rpm
    try lookin for an old 5400rpm they work fine (or so I have heard)
    I have even heard of someone putting a bigger fan in his x box(to fit it in he put his x box circuit board dvd drive and HDD in a sharp DVD player shell!!!)

p.s Solder will not overheat your x box I dont care how bad you did it:)

4. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

I have just read your thread properly and found out
    you do in fact have a 7200rpm hdd and a fan upgrade.

there is a way to watercool your x box. I am not sure how this is done but have seen it in a forum on this site http://www.xtremecomputing.co.uk you should ask in the forums section about how to do it a guy there called Josh has done it.

5. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

Hmm, he has a fan mod, and says he runs about 120 degrees, so the temp shouldnt be the problem if he is running at 120. The xbox is supposed to shut down at 160 I believe. I run around 130 and have no problems.
    What is your bios version? just outta curiosity...

6. splashed

splashed Member

Thanks for the help guys! My bios is the latest evolution x bios I think 2.5, I installed it through slayers 2.5. And my dashboard is the newest I think. 3935. Thanks again.