1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where's My Memory!?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mikke1556, Dec 26, 2004.

1. mikke1556

mikke1556 Member

i have recently backed up 2 dvds useing this guide exactly: http://www.thescrapyard.pwp.blueyon... freeware utilities to backup your movies.htm

ok so when i started with the first dvd i had 25 gb of free space. i burned the iso image onto my hardrive an that was about 7 gb or so cant remember. burned it onto my cd then i deleted it by right-clicking and delelting it. when i checked my local drive properties it said i had 20gb of free space.

Next i backed up another movie the same way and it had about 8gb in size and when i was doen the whole process i deleted it again and had 16 gb. what happened to 9 of the gb i should have more. Disk cleanup has nothin. is there some folder or somethin im missing?

2. beltline

beltline Regular member

Check your recycle bin. To be sure it's deleted in the future. Hold down the shift key then hit the delete button. This permenantly removes it.

3. mikke1556

mikke1556 Member

theres nothing in the recycling bin....

nvm i fixed the problem, when i decrypted the dvds it made folder and thats the only thing i deleted but it turns out one of the programs, dvd shrink probably, made otehr files on my local drive that i wasnt aware of, they werent in the folder so yeah i delete those and problem solved.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2004
  4. beltline

beltline Regular member

I just read the guide you referred you were using. First I would recommend Scuba Pete's guide but to that's just my preference. Second, I highly recommend you don't follow the instructions on the size
    I personally believe this to be wrong. In the picture it shows 4464mb for the target size. I believe this will have you burning outside the box sometimes. I may be wrong, but I have seen in many places that burning over 4400 is not advised. I believe I have mine set at 4320. But I believe others with more experience could guide you better.

For your missing files issue. I believe you may be burning to multiple places. Do a search on your computer for *.vob, *.iso, *.ifo. See if anything comes up. It sounds like you said you deleted everything, but I believe from the instructions you're using to burn, you may be burning multiple times to your computer and only deleting half your files. Someone else who uses your method may have more info. I personally create a folder with the movie title (from scuba pete's guide to burning), then burn everything form there. When I'm done, I just hold the shift key down and hit delete.

5. mikke1556

mikke1556 Member

ok thanks ill try that

hmm it my reply i made before this wasnt exactly true... i spoke before i checked lol. im still missing 5 gb.
    i did the search for VOB, ISO and IFO and none showed up.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2004