1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Which is the best app to remove DRM from iTunes videos?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by dreal, Dec 19, 2014.

1. dreal

dreal Member

I have been looking for a DRM removal solution for a long time. As we all know, the iTunes downloaded videos are DRM protected. But now I need to transfer some of my iTunes purchased movies to the Android tablet. It's impossible to accomplish this task if I can't find a good DRM removal solution.

The current app I find is Requirem and TunesKit DRM Removal. Requirem (http://www.ibooksdrmremoval.com) is a well-known DRM removal freeware to remove Fairplay DRM from all iTunes items, including iBooks, music, audio book, movies. However, it's said that this freeware was stopped by Appe. So it was out of update since 2012.

I found there are many people like TunesKit DRM Media Converter, eg,
    http://9to5mac.com/community/how-to...-from-itunes-rental-movies-on-mac-losslessly/

Is it a legal program I can use that? It will cost nearly $45 to buy the license. I will use it for personal only. I will never share the converted videos or upload the videos to internet.

2. Mez

Mez Active member

I have Tune byte which works fine for tunes but it is real olkd.. All DRM removers are legal. The others were put out of business a decade ago. The legal ones requirethat you own a license before you can remove the drm. They ' play' the tune to a new file.

Apple wants to keep you using their products. They don't like drm removers. You want something up to date just in case Apple did something tricky.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  3. hogger129

hogger129 Member

DRM removal tools are NOT legal for use or distribution in the United States. I know there used to be Requiem, but I believe it required an older version of iTunes and Java, and is no longer supported by the dev.

Most of these tools are just cruddy rip-off converters that output low quality.

I don't know why movie studios don't offer DRM-free stuff. The music industry went to DRM-free when iTunes moved to the iTunes Plus format (256kpbs AAC), and they are not out of business. The only person it hurts is the consumer.

I still buy physical discs (Blu-ray and CD).