1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

white band across analogue capture - HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by fleury, Apr 18, 2005.

1. fleury

fleury Guest

I have been capturing analogue footage (VCR and camcorder) and converting to DVD. I have managed quite a few very successfully using Intervideo WinDVD recorder 5 and Ulead DVD Moviefactory through my Nvidia Geforce 4 MX 460 graphics card. After many successful conversions all of a sudden the capture appears to be ok but when I play back it has a very wide white band across it and is unwatchable. I found a reply in this forum that suggested that it was due to the erroneous loading of the WDM drivers and that I should reload. I have tried everything and even used drivercleaner to ensure that only the latest drivers from the nvidia site are loaded. The white band is still there, Please can someone help as I have alot of analogue footage that I want to convert! Someone else advised me to buy an external USB video capture device or to repartition my drives and reload windows etc. What can i do?

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

That someone doesn't know what they're talking about.
    What are you using to play back the video?
    Are the tapes commercial, or home recorded?

3. fleury

fleury Guest

Thankyou for your reply. I am using a VHS player conected with audio and composite leads. both commercial and home recorded.

4. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Last edited: Apr 21, 2005