1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why are digital cameras not more 4x6 friendly.

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by zombieman, Feb 3, 2005.

1. zombieman

zombieman Regular member

Why are digital cameras not set up to take pictures in a more 4x6 friendly dimention? Ive got alot of pictures that I am trying to print as 4 x 6s. however when i attempt to print them, the tops and bottoms are cut of the make up for the difference in digital vs. 35mm. basically digital pictures are more square than rectangle. Why is this? Is there a reason? Is there a way around it, such as a picture setting on most cameras? Im using both a fugi S5000, and a Canon S400 elph. This is driving me crazy trying to print these pictures.

2. n2sZeRo

n2sZeRo Member

crop your pictures using adobe photoshop using the fixed aspect ratio option [all other program should have this]. Depending on how you want it cropped, set the length or width by either a 4 or 6. therefore when you print you'll get exactly what you want based on where you cropped it.

3. ande1352

ande1352 Member

some photo finishing services will have a special print format for digital photos as well.. I usually end up printing those size images.