1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.....:::::Why did my calbe modem high speed drop?:::::.....

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by culiador, Feb 3, 2007.

1. culiador

culiador Member

Idk what happen, i have bright house high speed cable and it's download speed was about 688.5 kbs or something liek that and out of the blue i started to download a file that should only have lasdted 15 secs to finish , it took like 3 minutes. I checked the speed and its speed is at a 297.3 kbps. I dont understand what actually happen. Is there any suggestions on whatthe problem might be?

2. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

if its still the same after rebooting the modem the posibilitys are almost endless.

have you contacted your isp?

3. culiador

culiador Member

i think i justmighthave to do that, but i just wanted toknow, whats "buffering"?

i know there something about the buffering that co-ensides with speed. i just wanted to know what exactly thathad to do with my speed.

4. skidme

skidme Guest

I assume you're trying to watch a video when it says "buffering". Buffering means it is trying to get enough of the video in memory, so that it can provide continuous playback, while continuing to download the video.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

was it just this one file that was slow, or have you tried more files or downloads which have also been slow?

6. culiador

culiador Member

every site i go to, i download a file and the damn thing takes like half an hour to download
    i pin restarted the cable modem, thatshould of flushed the memeory....restarted my router...NuffIN...idk