1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do you have to use xiso or craxtion to make an iso?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by matadors, Jul 7, 2003.

1. matadors

matadors Member

I was just wondering, why can't you take all the files for a game (ftp'd from the box) and just burn them all to a disc without turning it into an iso? For the life of me I can't seem to get the box to read an iso off of a disc and I have tried so many different types of media as suggested throughout the forum.

2. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

the iso needs to be made into a format the xbox can read. there's been one user on here that states that he can burn the game just as data and it works, i've tested this theory quite a bit and it has never worked for me.

3. .CCC.

.CCC. Member

RecordNOW is a great program for burning DVDs, you don't have to use ISO's, just select data, then under the options select UDF 128 blah blah blah.... when you add the files, you must make sure the default.xbe is is at the root (not the directory name) and burn. I'm sure there is some more info out there on RecordNow as I had to learn somewhere.

4. Netscanur

Netscanur Member

Do NOT use xIso, it's caused so many problems for so many people (including myself) that it's not even funny.