1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why does my Philips HTS3555 Home Theater System saved custom settings keep reseting?

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by sn00z1, May 19, 2009.

1. sn00z1

sn00z1 Member

I have a Philips HTS3555 Home Theater System and every once a while (not all the time) the custom settings saved in the memory get reset on its own. For instance the saved radio station presets, picture settings, speaker delay timings etc. It resets to the factory settings whenever it feels like.

Everything works I can play the radio, watch dvds but I Have to reenter all my favorite radio stations, change the picture output to progressive, change the speaker delay timings almost everytime I use it.

It doesn't happen everytime i turn on/off the HTS. Its not a power issue because other devices are plugged in the same outlet and always working.

I upgraded to the newest firmware, maybe faulty firmware? Anyone have the old firmware? Maybe i can downgrade and pray that fixes it. Maybe bad memory chip inside the unit? How would I go about getting a new chip when im out of warranty?

Please anyone with any suggestions please please help.

2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

I have a Philips HTIB in my tavern that does the same thing once in a while, with the pic output, I have to reset to 16:9 and progressive. It also just recently started having problems playing burns. Just junk I guess.