1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHY ISN'T MY XBOX WORKING?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by davidleal, Dec 12, 2004.

1. davidleal

davidleal Member

hi guys i ave had my xbox for awile now and it has been working just fine until lately when i have been getting a message when i have been booting up a game it always says dirty or damaged disc or something like that and i don't know why i rented alot of games and played them so i thought that it was because they were damaged but then i bought fable and it still woulnd't work and thats when i knew it couldn;t be the game since it was brand nerw, i then bought halo 2 and it worked just fine. I'm confused what is wrong with it i have never opened it or installed a mod chip
    thanks for all of the help that i receive its much appreciated,
    Dave.

2. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

my dvd-rom drive stopped working after about a year and a half, so i had to get another. that could be your problem. i've heard of that problem a lot.

3. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Your DVD-ROM drive has died. If you have a warranty I suggest sending it in to Microsoft to have them replace the drive.

4. punqewe

punqewe Active member

I know there were alot of people that i know that had problems playing the store bought fable....so that could be a disk problem. If it still keeps up,I know that there are alot of complaints surfacing about faulty dvd drives. If it's still on warranty,call up microsoft and bitch till they do aomething.

5. davidleal

davidleal Member

alright thanks are you sure that that is the problem? nbot that im second guessing you or anything it;s justy that i want to know so that i could buy one from ebay or some other site. Once again thanks for all of the help.
    -Dave

6. dexter77

dexter77 Guest

Hello,

I had the same problem to. If your x-box is not still under warranty I suggest taking off the top unscrew the top of the disk drive and clean of the eye with a q-tip with a little bit of rubing alcohol
    on it. That fixed my x-box. Its not hard to do only about 4 screws on the disk drive and or so on the
    out side cover. It might be worth a try before buying
    a new disk drive.

7. jomalley

jomalley Member

You might also try simply using a cleaning disc such as are used for CD-ROM drives and DVD players. If it doesn't work, nothing lost, and you can try the q-tip and alcohol method (I've done that myself on floppy drives). But with the cleaning disc, you don't need to open the machine.

8. davidleal

davidleal Member

alright i will do that thanks for the help, 'ppreciate it