1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why nero and dvd shrink?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mcsauer, Sep 14, 2004.

1. mcsauer

mcsauer Member

Please explain why you need 2 programs to copy dvd's. Also, I have read in the guides instructions using dvd shrink and nero, along with downloading dvd decrypter. I recently replaced my older HP CD-Writer with a DVD-writer. I ended up with 4 different CD/DVD writing programs on my computer, of which none seemed to work correctly. Though I managed to back up data files and create audio cd's with the Adaptec (Roxio)Easy CD Creator, I never mastered the art of ripping. I also have CyberLink's Power DVD, Sonic's MyDVD, and a ripped version of Nero (never installed, so I don't know if it works). I finally removed all programs from my system in an effort to start from scratch, and here I am! Everybody seems obsessed with copying DVD movies, and though I'm not going to say that this is not an interest, I am actually looking more for a program to back up data and create audio cd's. The ability to copy DVD's would be a plus. Please offer insight.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

mcsauer,

It's not too hard to figure; because of all the legal hassles most proggys don't do everything. The ones that did are now illegal.

So you need something like DVD Shrink to rip process and compress if required and another proggy to burn. Of course, if you just want it on your HD, you don't need the burner. If I were thinking about something to fill your requirements, I'd choose Nero Ultra Edition 6.

Ooohhh as long as you're running Roxio you probably won't have a lot of success doing DVD's as Roxio is extremely hostile to most backup proggys ESPECIALLY Nero. Too bad really as Nero is an excellent proggy.

(BTW, without a special remover you haven uninstalled Roxio even if you think you did.)

Cheers,

Pete

3. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

4. mcsauer

mcsauer Member

Thanks for the info. I removed it with Norton Clean Sweep, and don't see any sign of it still being there, but I will try that anyway.

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

mcsauer,

Norton Clean Sweep doesn't sweep all of Roxio away -

You need to use Roxio zapper.

We wouldn't have gone through all the effort if any proggy would do it.

Did you go through the entire Registry ?

"P"

Cheers,

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent IV CPU 2.84GHz, 1024MB RAM, 520GB HD.
    Pioneer 107, 8X R/W , Nec R/W ND-1300A, JLMS DVD ROM.
    128MB GeForce4 TI 4200, O/S XP[/small]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2004