1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Won't my Home Player run it?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Jefferey, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Jefferey

Jefferey Guest

This is my problem, I can copy the VHS and PVR to my hard drive and place it onto the 4.7 gig blank DVD .
    Then on my Desktop I get a menu kinda screen and the movie that I have copied to DVD it will show A 2 inch box with the movie in it.. SO I can Mouse click to start the Movie and it will Run fine a looks great,
    BUT,,, When I place it into my home player (APEX) it will show that same start screen. But nothing will make the box click and run the movie.. Anyways I am new at this and I think I have the burning Process down now.. but would love to run this stuff on my Home DVD player..
    Thanks for any help
    Jeff

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Most of the time when you copy a VHS movie to your HD, it isn't in the proper format to play on a stand alone player. It usually needs converted to proper dvd format. A computer can handle just about any video format. If your HD files are in say AVI format try the guide listed as AVI to dvd-r from the guide tab at the top of the page.

Jerry

3. Jefferey

Jefferey Guest

Jerry, sorry forgot to tell you that I did this in MPEG1 and these files where put on DVD*R , I didn't see a beginners forum for +R on this site.

Jeff