1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why won't people just get AnyDvd?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by taylor30, Sep 1, 2006.

1. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Because all of the smart/advanced users favored RipIt4Me (DVD Decrypter + FixVTS), DVDFAB Decrypter and VobBlanker. Why? Because they're all FREE and works flawlessly.

Any (advanced user) true movie backup person would "never" care of how fast he/she can backup the movie, but rather care for longevity, quality and the perfection of his/her backup in the end results, meaning no playback issues (i.e. skipping, missing chapters/scenes, etc.)

Either I use DVDFAB Decrypter + VobBlanker or RipIt4Me, I've "never ever" experienced any issues and or encountered any movies/dvds that I can not rip whatsoever.

Just my 2 cents, but to each own.

2. Samj99

Samj99 Member

thanks.
    I really like ANYDVD and I AM going to purchase after my trial period ends. Today I finally was able to back up my Disney 8 Below movie. I always backup first, then watch my movies.
    Anyway, today I used AnyDVD with CloneDVD and it turned out great. It did take 1-1/2 hours compared to 45 minutes with DVD X Copy, but I think it makes a better copy!
    I have Shrink -my uncle also suggested Shrink-, but it seems so complicated to use. I will try it again though and see if I can backup GroundHog Day with the 2 and this time only the main movie. I can not seem to figure out how to do the main movie only.....any help is greatly appreciated.
    Samanthaj99

3. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Alkohol has some great guides for the different programs he mentioned along with his tremendous knowledge. When i first came to AD I thrived on his expertise on burnin. Hope he's sittin back and sippin and havin a good one. Chris

4. bunnyrip

bunnyrip Regular member

@Samj99,
    That is a lot longer than it should take to back-up 8 below. Actually that is about twice as long as it should have taken. I suggest you read the guide for CloneDVD. You want to select copy dvd titles, then look at what is there. Usually title 1 is the main movie. De-select DTS sound. Only select AC3/6 &AC3/2 in the appropriate language. Also select your burn speed , otherwise the default is Maximum. Select output method as your DVD Burner. I have not seen any movie take that long, even King Kong which is 3+hrs long. Note: Your goal is get that quality meter to 100% or close.
    Here's a user guide to help.
    http://www.elby.ch/products/clone_dvd/manual/usage.html

Last edited: Sep 15, 2006
  5. Samj99

Samj99 Member

Thank You so much, I will read this and apply your suggestions. I was afraid to delete anything but the foreign languages....
    Samantha

6. bunnyrip

bunnyrip Regular member

You're Welcome Samantha!
    Good Luck. You'll get it. I am sure. :)

7. bunnyrip

bunnyrip Regular member

@Samj99,
    Really to do main movie only, the only things you need have "checked" are the main title, and AC/3, AC/6 sound EN. Do not select DTS if it's there due to it uses a lot of disc space. Select you output method as the dvd writer, select the speed as 1/2 your media's rated speed (for your burner) or 4X whichever is fastest
    Example, I use Verbatim 16x DVD+R, I select 8x as my speed and get superb results. For most movies you should have a completed back-up in 30 mins or less. I big on like King Kong (3 hrs) may take 45-50 minutes.

8. Samj99

Samj99 Member

Thanks again, I am going to try this out tonight.
    Samantha

9. gus738

gus738 Guest

hi sam well like others mentioned x copy did temp save to hd as no dvd can go on the fly like cds.... i was too a x copy owener and i'v noticed that it took longer on x copy to do entire process as where clonedvd2 it did not .

and yes 8 bellow shouldnt take you that much most of my dvd9 dvds take 23 mins at most based on the estimate on clonedvd2 ( but i feel its less time ) and this is considering i do everyitng conpressed from a dvd9 to a dvd5 with menu's and all featurs....

honestly i cant notice a reduced quality with a conpressed dvd with menus on my 38'' widescreen hdtv 1080i....

so you should try to do on clonedvd2 the 2nd option preserving menus .. you might like results...

yes these softeares are the best money can buy , together from slysoft i think you get discount as those 2 bundled for 59 dollars

as far as the movies talking a long time maybe its your settings... go to start > right click my computer > properties then hit the HARDWARE tab then DEVICE MANAGER... from here look for ide ata/atapi controlers double click on it check your primary ide channel / secodary if apliable ..advance tab , and make sure that your settings are set to ULTRA DMA 2 NOT pio....

pio will set the cpu usage ALOT more then ultra dma2 ... end result slower copys of dvds....

i think theirs a guide on ad somewhere here..

10. bunnyrip

bunnyrip Regular member

11. tucker001

tucker001 Regular member

i use ripit4me and dvdfabdecrypter because i don't have a credit card and i am only 15 i was using cracked versions of anydvd (sorry slysoft) i loved it but its really hard to update cracked versions so i just uninstalled it i am thinking about buying a prepaid credit card just to purchase anydvdafter i buy my new video ipod of course. Well in my opinion you get just slightly better quality backups with ripit4me but i feel deepp down i need to support slysoft.

12. ireland

ireland Active member

i just re did the sound of music from the original as the copy got scratched real bad..grand-children were playing the movie...

used clonedvd and anydvd,in 17 min rip and burn..playing great on a 42 inch..tv...

13. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

@tucker

As soon as you can I highlt advice to get AnyDVD & Clone DVD.

Money well spent........great software. Can also use w/ others like Shrink,Nero, & DVD Decrypter as well.

14. tucker001

tucker001 Regular member

i bought anydvd yesterday don't need clonedvd works great with recode/shrink

15. b18bek9

b18bek9 Regular member

well not everyone has money to spare which i can understand when u can rip movies with free software....but i have anydvd and feel its worth the money but understandable if u moneys tight if ur in college or watever but yea slysoft has a fwe nice programs

16. gus738

gus738 Guest

sometimes cracking the programs > time or spyware or searching for freware takes time virus/damge control n so forth how hard is to get 39 dollars? heck 59 for both and problem solved for LIFETIME on updates n tech support

17. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

$59.00 = ~three DVDs. If one has the money to buy the DVDs then they surely have the money to buy quality programs for backup purposes. If they don't have the money to buy the DVDs, then they wouldn't have anything to copy anyway...:)

18. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

bilbo65...........you're right, good point.

19. diverj

diverj Regular member

Susee,
    That is what I and a whole lot of others is trying to say exactly. Yes, both AnyDVD and CloneDVD have to be purchased. Price is reasonably cheap. Why use three or more pieces of free programs when two will work for every DVD and keep your time management and frustrations to a minimum.

While there is something to be said for free, I just can not see the attraction to free when it is going to continue to cost me in EITHER time or money AND frustrations.

D

Last edited: Sep 28, 2006
  20. kypartman

kypartman Member

I started using DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. Worked like a charm and for free. I have recently tried AnyDVD and I will purchase it. Call it lazy if you want but I like the fact with AnyDVD you can skip the first step of anylizing the disk. For some reason AnyDVD just seemed easier, but both are very effective.