1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Wont Some Games Boot From My Hard Drive ?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by jamieuk, Jan 31, 2005.

1. jamieuk

jamieuk Guest

Hi I recently got my xbox chipped with the excuter 3 modship + I got installed a 300GB hard drive. + I am running the latest version of slayers

any way for the last week or 2 I have been putting my backups of the games I own on 2 the hard drive,

Just sat down today to play some games and I noticed that most of the games wouldnt boot up.

I clicked the "load games from hard drive" option and then clicked on the game and then the slayers screen would come up with ""loading .. please wait.

have waited up to 20 mins and the games just wont boot. Is this a normal thing that happens ??.

as mentioned above some games will boot some games wont.

any ideas on wot the problem might be ??

thanks for your advice

jamie

2. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

What games are you having problems with??? Do you backup up games to your HD with HDloader 1.3 or Dvd2Xbox 6.2??? I'm thinking the default.xbe files might of become corrupted some kind of way. If that's not it delete the games and reinstall all of them and see what happens. I had a similar problem when I tried to update my old dashboard with a new one, certain games I tried to play would start loading and then kick me back to the Evox Dash. I simply just reinstalled all of them and they worked like a charm.

3. jamieuk

jamieuk Guest

Hi mate the games I am having problems with are

ninga gaiden + Red Dead Revolver, there are quite a few other games as well but these are the first 1s I am working on trying to fix.

I am guessing it defo has somethign with copyright protection on these games.

I am running DVD2xbox version 0.5.9 which I no is outdated but I have no idea on were to download a update as I got banned of xbins.

unless you can help me out with that one mate.?

any way thanks for your advice I will keep on trying

cheers jamie

4. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

If some off your games work off the hard drive then the problems isn't with your backups, Evoxdash, or your blank media. It has to be just those few games that need to be reinstalled on the HD. The only game the got stuck for me on the loading screen was DOA Ultimate...I had to change doa2.xbe to default.xbe. I hope i'm understanding your question?

5. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

I will PM you.