1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why won't wmp10 play original copy dvd's anymore?

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by fishbulb, Dec 3, 2004.

1. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

when i try to play a dvd on wmp10, i get this message, "Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a problem occurred with digital copyright protection." i've pretty much exhausted all of my resources. i've even called best buy's "geek squad" 3 times and talked to one of them in the store where i bought my computer. no one seems to be able to help. i know this can't be that hard to solve. i downloaded the microsoft windows xp video decoder checkup utility and it shows 2 decoders, moonlight elecard and intervideo video. i assume the intervideo works w/ windvd because they still play on the windvd player. (oh yeah, my copies that i burned will play on wmp10, but not the originals.) the best i can figure, it's a decoder and/or codec problem. i just can't figure out what. i've downloaded g-spot and ffdshow to try to help me figure something out but i don't even know how to use those! or if i even need them!
    i have a compaq sr1230nx running windows xp and a lite-on sohw-832s cd/dvd +/-rw installed.
    if anyone has any suggestions, please post them.
    thanx in advance.

2. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

anyone have any tips or suggestions? pretty please!