1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WIN DVD Help

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by dcrfun, Mar 7, 2006.

1. dcrfun

dcrfun Guest

I am using Win DVD to capture in AVI from my HC42 with an i-link cable. I have used its editing feature to create a DVD (seems very limited) and I have autherd the DVD. It took roughly an hour from start to finish to write the DVD. (2.21gbs) Their is a substantial quality loss and frame rate drop in some spots and the frame ins and outs are buggy. From what I can tell it says the file has been broken down into IFO, VOB, BUP files (I don't know what any of these are) Any help would be great, I really want to get my miniDVs on DVD so I can re-use the tapes.

2. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

The structure of a DVD indeed contains, IFO, BUP and VOB files, so that is correct.
    I have no experience with WinDVD for DVD authoring, but apparently either the encoder built into it is of limited quality or you are using low quality settings. I recommend to use a decent encoder to create your MPEG's. If you don't know what this is all about, check this article:
    http://www.digitalvideoclub.com/basics/tapetodvd.php