1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winamp 5 versions....whats the best?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by djscoop, Jan 11, 2005.

1. djscoop

djscoop Active member

Okay, time for some Winamp discussion.

I've been using v5.02 for a while, and never had any problems with it. Using it in conjunction with MEXP is awesome. I recently went to upgrade to their so called "final version", v5.06, but now they're up to v5.08, with emusic! I'm a little scared...whats with the emusic crap? Should I stick with what I have now, upgrade to the final version, or this new 5.08?

Who else out there uses Winamp 5, and what version do you like?

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

This may be off topic but I do know that the reason they upgraded from 5.06 to 5.07 was because of a "monster" hacker exploit someone found involving it and explorer.

I don't know about 5.08 or emusic,
    Ced

3. SuckRaven

SuckRaven Member

I personally have never had any problems with my 5.07 version, though I don't know if the reason for the new 5.08 was just this emusic or additional security issues. There were some real brain puzzlers with some of the 3.x versions, though some of the much earlier ones like 2.76i and 2.80a were awesome too, though many neat features have been implemented in the 5.x series. I would recommend 5.07 though I cannot offer any info on 5.08.

4. jakks

jakks Regular member

I use 5.07 and have had no problems :D

5. djscoop

djscoop Active member

yeah, the 3.x version were horrible, although they did have nice new features, just way too many bugs. The 2.x versions were so rock solid by the time they got to 2.9.x it was unbeleiveable.

Thanks for the info, I was just wondering about the different versions, and how good the new ones are. My guess is the 5.08 is only for the new emusic thing. As for now, I will stick with 5.02, cause it works fine and I don't want to have to re-install all my plugins and re-do my media library.