1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winavi problems...

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by {TKO}, Aug 20, 2007.

1. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

Please note that it is more than one problem.

1 - With Winavi MP4 Converter... When I convert movies to MP4 to put on my iPod, I've noticed that about half way into the movies the sound goes wacky. It seems to jump ahead of the movie itself. And it seems to happen at around the same point in all movies(about half way).

2 - With Winavi Video Converter... I seem to get this bar above the movie itself. It seems to cut off a small portion from the bottom and place it up top. BUT!!! It only seems to be the case when it is burned.

Let me explain. If I convert the movie with Winavi to DVD and watch the result on my PC(widescreen monitor FYI), it looks fine. BUT when I burn it on to DVD with CloneDVD, that's when I get the bar above the movie. I have used CloneDVD to burn other movies and it doesn't do it to those, just the ones that come from Winavi and even then just the ones that are originally widescreen.

That's another thing, if it's a full screen movie or show, it doesn't seem to do that. Just with movies that were originally widescreen.

Please help. And thank you in advance for the help.

2. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

UPDATE: It is definitely not CloneDVD. I tried Nero and it did the exact same thing. This is the result. http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/8342/a1rl9.jpg
    And the sound is off also. It's ahead of the video.

The only other thing I remembered, I was converting directly to an external drive. Do you guys think maybe that has something to do with it? Maybe converting to my internal HD would be better?