1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Window7 Toshiba Laptop won't play Youtube videos

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by philbert1a, Aug 19, 2012.

1. philbert1a

philbert1a Member

I have a Toshiba laptop running Win7; recently it won't play any videos on Youtube, giving me error messages and a static filled Youtube screen. Yet, my Samsung Galaxy plays the same YT video as does my ancient XP OS PC.
    I know there is something weird on mylaptop, but I have no idea why this is happening. Can anyone help ? I know I'm not the very first to have this happen, but I am among the more ignorant people out there when it comes to Win7.
    I liked Win98, I'm that retro.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

was it able to play before? was there an update recently for win7 that included video driver?

3. philbert1a

philbert1a Member

It did indeed play (great) before, I usually go to my laptop for good YT vid playback, so yes. I don't have it set for automatic updates, but Win7 may do that on it's own. I don't know.
    To be more specific, the Youtube screen is intact, but when I click on the play arrow on the vid the vid square goes snowy on the youtube screen...sometimes I get a Youtube error message that says to try again later.
    Which is weird 'cause at the same moment I can view the vid on my old PC, w/XP OS, AND my Samsung Android phone.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try system restore to before problem started to see what happens as i think your video driver was updated on you whereas you do not want the ms video driver..