1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WINDOWS XP AND PLEXWRITER HELL!

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by maximus_c, May 28, 2002.

1. maximus_c

maximus_c Member

hi everyone.

recently i put in a plexwriter 16/10/40A into my computer, which runs on Windows XP Pro.

Weird thing is, XP does not recognize the drive as a CDRW but instead thinks it is a regular CD-ROM drive.

I've looked on plextor.com for support, but they do not offer any driver d/ls because the drivers SHOULD automatically install when connecting the burner.

Can someone help? i'd appreciate it very much. Thank you!

2. DocSatz

DocSatz Member

Try to download the Firmware-Upgrade for your writer!
    Follow the instructions that can also be found on the Plextor Homepage.

It is a known problem with the 24/10/40 too.
    I don't know if it works with your device, but you can't damage it that way.

3. TonyTek76

TonyTek76 Member

Fascinating, I'm sorry to hear that you too are having trouble with your writer.

The prob I'm having is that now my writer will only burn HALF of the CDs! And it says that everything is OK! It goes through all the motions and says "CD recorded Successfully" for Nero and CDRWin but it only takes 2 mins to burn what should take 6 mins! I'm runnin' WinXP Pro too, supposedly a Corp edition.

I didn't have this prob when all I was usin was Nero, then I installed CDRWin and the ASPI drivers and then came all the probs. Now Nero does the same thing as CDRWin and will only burn half of the damn CD.

I only installed CDRWin to burn bin/cue files, lil did I know I coulda done it with Nero also.

Please help anyone if you can.
    Thanx so much in advance.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2002