1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WinDVD Creator aspect ratio

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by nomad73, Dec 16, 2004.

1. nomad73

nomad73 Guest

Does anyone know why the aspect ratio becomes all squished (wide and flat) when I take an AVI and try to convert it to a DVD in WinDVD Creator 2?
    Is there a setting somewhere that I need to change?

2. ballboff

ballboff Member

They trim the black borders off the top and bottom of the videos to save space. I don't know why, but for some reason the dvd authoring program then shrinks it. There is a small program to put the black border on top and bottom, called virtual dub. Search this forum and see what you come up with.

3. eastmav

eastmav Member

I have a similar problem... I've been using WinDVD, for some reason it's the only software that will burn a readable disc for my DVD player, but there's been a hiccup.

All of the sudden, when I try to burn a 2 hour DVD the aspect ratio gets extra squished, but if I go back and change to a 1 hour DVD, everything is fine. This wasn't happening before, I think there could be a codec conflict or something.

Does anyone know anything about WinDVD? Or have any clues to fixing this problem?