1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

winrar creeated a file folder after extracting...

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by dmorg757, Jul 10, 2007.

1. dmorg757

dmorg757 Guest

I used winrar to extract a movie torrent that was a .rar file,before extracting the folder I doubled-clicked on it and inside it was 48 .r files in it. I assume that the .r files were .rar files.So to make a long story short I used winrar to extract the files and after extracting it created a file folder, I opened this folder and it had a cd1,cd2 and sample folders in it. When I open the two cd folders they were filled with the same thing that I thought I had extracted, the sample folder played but I cant get the movie from the two cd folders to play. What am I doing wrong?? I know I'm doing something wrong when I use winrar because whenever I extract any file that i downloaded via torrents i cant open the file(movie,music,programs whatever). Its driving me insane because Ive used winrar successfully one time and now I cant do it again. I have even downloaded other software to try to open .rar files(winzip,altools) with no luck. Can anyone please shine some like on this for me!!

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

What exactly is in the two folders you mention>

3. dmorg757

dmorg757 Guest

in the two cd folders its alot of winRar archives and.r files starting at .r30 all of the winrachives are listed above it.

4. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

what happens if you try to extract them?

This is sounding like maybe you downloaded a fake.

And, if you are using a "winrar corporate edition" that you got from a torrent, then get rid of it, because it seems, from what I am hearing, to be broken POS that just does not work.

Some things that are "free" aren't really.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007