1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wireless don't want to be seen

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Bruun83, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Bruun83

Bruun83 Member

hey, got some wireless network, and i want to save some money, have foundt a company nereby, and want to use there network, but i don't want them to se me, can anyone help....

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

if you you are think of tapping their signal, not a good idea as somebody might come knocking on your door

3. Bruun83

Bruun83 Member

can't it be don???? there must be a program that can hide me???

And if they se my, how woulde they find me, have no info about my selv on my computer...

Last edited: Oct 28, 2004
  4. ddp

how do you think they found MAFIA BOY, wasn't just pure luck but a whole lot of patience & technology

5. Bruun83

Bruun83 Member

don't know marfiboy, but sure there was a reason, for all that patience & technology.. i live in denmark, an just wana surf the net....

6. ddp

Mafia Boy was a kid from Montreal, Canada who knocked off line i think was yahoo, cnn & least a couple other big name sites & bragged he would not get caught that the police were to dumb to catch him but they caught him because he still left a trail that they used to find him. just like if you use that company's server they will probably track you because you have to remember that wireless netcard in laptop both sends & receives signals or how else can you upload & download. just pay for an internet provider this way you'll not get caught & pay a fine or worse

7. Bruun83

Bruun83 Member

:)
    pleased for the advice, i thinke i might listen to it, but what if it was a normal person, that don't have the knowlege or personel to check op on it..

He woulde never know. Have som softwere that hides my sharefolders, and shoulde remove me from network places
    on the other computer.. but im not 100% of it working..
    (Winxp Manager)

(He was a hacker, im not, do you thinke that they woulde make sutch a big deal out of it)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2004
  8. ddp

how big is company, if medium to big they would have IT support & maybe small company would to. as to punishment I don't live there as i live in canada so you would have a better idea what the law is

9. Bruun83

Bruun83 Member

very small, becuse it's in an apartment, i can se it's adress, and the law's in my contry is'nt so stricht, sorry for my spelling, hope you can read it!!

10. ddp

your the one that has to decide & live with the consequences