1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless G Desktop Card Won't Fit

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by bh82, Feb 3, 2007.

1. bh82

bh82 Member

This may seem really stupid but I can't get my Wireless G Desktop Card to fit into a PCI slot. It does not say PCIe. I've installed wireless cards before in PCI slots and had no problems. On the bottom of the card where it fits into the slot it has a short connection and long connection and a short connection again. The PCI slot only has a short connection and a long connection. It appears to almost be the right size but doesn't quite fit. Anybody have a clue what my problem is? Are there different size PCI slots that I'm not aware of. I've looked all over the internet and haven't been able to find mention of different size regular PCI slots that aren't PCIe. I though PCI was a standard size....

2. pimp_k

pimp_k Member

Sometimes certain sections are cut out for whatever reason, my modem was the same way. I'm not sure what to tell you, the choice is yours if you want to try jamming it in there...lol or if you want to take it back. Also, they sell the wireless adapters that are USB so you could easily get one of those for about the same price.

3. bh82

bh82 Member

well i kept trying and eventually got it in there... i guess i just remembered them being cut exactly to fit. maybe the other one i installed was the same.