1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wireless issues

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by blowe3711, Jun 23, 2012.

1. blowe3711

blowe3711 Member

Hi All,

I'm having issues with my wireless connect, between my desktop and my laptop.
    Things i'm using on my wireless connection are, Ipad, hp touchpad, iPhone, laptop, desktop, printer.
    *Netgear wireless router
    Seems I can only use my desktop or my laptop on the internet never both at once, If I decide I wanna go from my laptop to my desktop I'll have to reboot the desktop so it will connect to the internet, now everything always has a connect to the network just cant use internet on both at once.

Ive tried to google for people having this issue, but cant seem to find what seems to be the same issue, Thanks for any help!

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

are they all on wireless or some wired? what netgear router?

3. blowe3711

blowe3711 Member

Yes all are wireless, the router is a netgear wireless-N 300 router DGN200

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

have you tried resetting the router to factory defaults to see what happens?

5. blowe3711

blowe3711 Member

Yes I have done that, actually just finished getting everything back running,decided to test and once again the desktop and laptop seem to be fighting for the same connection or something. wondering if I need to set a IP for each device or something

6. blowe3711

blowe3711 Member

well I found a thread which a user was having the same problem (seems to be)as myself.

http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=72727

Well I tried to call Netgear, My product isnt under warranty any longer, So I'll have to purchase extended warranty or a new router to continue support..