1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless Network Adapter

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Lakers008, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Lakers008

Lakers008 Member

I bought a wireless D-Link router package about two years ago so it came with both the router and the adapter. One day last week the adapter just stopped working. When I plugged it out and back in a message popped up and said "this device is not recognized" or something like that. I un-installed and reinstalled the driver several times and nothing worked. I even tried it on a diff. pc and the same message came up. I'm assuming there is a problem with the actual adapter... Is there anything I can do to fix it?

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFS10051717&catid=21119
    Thats the router and the adapter.

I bought a new adapter and it works so I don't really need this one, but if its fixable, I would like to get it working...

2. nasayin

nasayin Regular member

Lakers008,

You can call D-Link technical support and get a free replacement. They will ask you to perform some tests to make sure that the adapter is faulty. Once done, they will send you a new one for free. This happen to me once.

3. Lakers008

Lakers008 Member

Ok, thanks man. I'll get on that later this week...

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

looks like there is a problem with that usb adapter dwl-g122 as i have 1 from a customer that has never worked out of the box. the device is not picked up at all by windows.