1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WMP will not play dvds

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by jimpeters, Mar 31, 2005.

1. jimpeters

jimpeters Guest

Here we go again. Another annoying problem that I cant figure out. I have recently redone my whole computer. Reinstalling EVERYTHING! I went from window xp home to windows xp pro. I am now have problem playing dvd's burnt and original dvds in windows media player. I can however play them in Nero showtime. Problems with DVD shrink is that now that I make an image to my harddrive it is now in a winrar icon iso image, before it was a nero icon iso image. I tried to burn ladder 49 and nero dosn't notice this file from dvd shrink as a nero compilations or images but as a different file image.

Problems: -> Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a problem occurred with digital copyright protection. This is there error I get. I have tried almost everything. I just try to play a regular DVD when I get this error. Any DVD does this.

-> DVD shrink making winrar iso image instead of a nero iso.

-> When I go to burn image file with nero I need to scroll to all files to find the right iso.

Equipment: newest nero version/dvd shrink

2. ozy

ozy Regular member

Try right clicking on the iso and then "the open with" option will appear. Tell it to open with nero.

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

An ISO Image is an ISO image there is No such thing as a "Nero ISO" or a "WinRar ISO" these are just file type associations...

If you want to Burn this ISO with Nero Just Run Nero and go to "Recorder" to "Burn Image" and select the ISO file and Burn it...

If you want to change the file type associations do what "Ozy" said to do...

4. rubixcube

rubixcube Regular member

This is a simple problem to do with your DVD Decoder. As far as i know, no WMP edition comes with suitable codecs to play DVDs. You must first install a program that comes with the suitable codecs, and windows media player will be updated so that you can play all your DVD's in it - backups or originals. Programs include the likes of InterVideo WinDVD or Cyberlink PowerDVD.
    Cheers
    RubixCube

Last edited: Apr 3, 2005