1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.wmv files onto a dvd-r disk

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by MEMAMO, Sep 11, 2004.

1. MEMAMO

MEMAMO Member

hey guys i have .wmv files (a movie) that i want to burn onto dvd-r disks but every way i try i fail!!! :( iv wasted loads of disks can any1 help me??

2. MEMAMO

MEMAMO Member

jnust thought id add that i want it to be playable on a dvd player

3. Navig8r

Navig8r Regular member

welcome MEMAMO

you have to convert the files to either mpeg 1 or 2, or you can convert them to DVD (.vob files) i personally use WinAvi it does cost something there is a free trial, but this is the simplest way i have found to convert my files....not sure if TMPGEnc will do it or not

if you want WinAvi its here
    http://www.winavi.com/video-converter.htm

good luck
    any questions feel free to ask

4. MEMAMO

MEMAMO Member

then how do you go about burning them to dvd what file and could you please walk me through it thx alot

5. MEMAMO

MEMAMO Member

also are you using the trial version of winavi as if you are as you have helped me i will give you the serial number thx alot for your help and by file i mean program

6. Navig8r

Navig8r Regular member

Ok
    What I do is use WinAvi to convert my file to DVD (simple 2 clicks of a button) then after that I use DVDLAb (also cost free 30 trial) to create my menus chapter, menu transitions and background sounds (there is tons more you can do) here is a guide for DVDLab
    http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/dvd-lab.htm

get it here http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/index.html

it does take a little bit of work (no one said its easy) but once you do it a few times you'll have it down trust me.

There are other programs out there but to be honest these are the ones I have finally stuck with after, months of trial and error, several migrains, and the occasional argument with the wife, complaining that Im on the computer to long and then end up with nothing.

These programs have worked almost flawlessly since i have gotten then over a month ago...but in the end its your call, do some searching and you just might be able to find DVDLab ...hint hint....think about it, but honestly it is completely worth the money, i would pay double that easily.

7. Navig8r

Navig8r Regular member

no i have purchased it....and be careful about talking about giving serial numbers its against the forum rules cool....i hope what i sent you was helpful

8. MEMAMO

MEMAMO Member

could you possibly do like an easyer to follow direction like print screen things what to do because i dont understand that website it just doesnt click with me could you please send a page via email or make a quick website with goecities and then i can go on that as it prob be more than 2mb whic is what hotmail accepts thx

9. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Here's a program that does everything you need and is very simple to use !

http://www.mp3towav.org/dvdSanta/

It also has online all the GUIDES you need !

Free Trial leaves a small banner -- the paid version is very reasonably priced.