1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X-B.I.T. Flash Help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by DDRfreak, Oct 3, 2004.

1. DDRfreak

DDRfreak Member

I have the latest X-B.I.T. flash program and 512k flash. I think I have sucessfully flashed it but i do not know if I did. When I turned on the XBOX it flashed red and green so i played with the external bios switches and then i got it to boot up normally. Does this mean the flash worked? It still says microsfot when it boots up. I dont know if it changes for all or for only Xucuter

2. Kenner95

Kenner95 Member

After you flash and reboot, the startup screen will say either "Xecuter2" if you used an Xecuter bios or "Matrix Inside" if you used an Evox bios. Search around for a 256k version of the bios you want to use. Reflash to a bank of your choice, using the correct size bios the bank requires. Use the same bios for each slot of the individual banks.

Bank 1 Requires a single 2M bios. Create this by doubling a 1Mb bios.

Bank 2 Requires a 1Mb bios in two slots. Flash the same 1Mb bios to both slots.

Bank 3 Requires 512K in two slots and 1Mb in one slot

Bank 4 Requires a 256k bios in two slots, 512k in one slot and 1Mb in one slot.

When I first flashed my X.B.I.T. I only flashed in bank 4 using the two 256k slots. I did not completely fill the bank and it worked fine. If you want you can fill up the banks but be sure to use the same version bios for each bank. You can have diffenent bios but just have them in seperate banks.

FRAG ( Flashing red and green) means your chip is either not alligned propperly or not flashed correctly.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2004
  3. DDRfreak

DDRfreak Member

Thanx i finally got it to work with the Xecuter bios
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]```Chris```[/small]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2004