1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

x2.2 just installed now having dvd drive problems

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Lemywinks, Nov 3, 2003.

1. Lemywinks

Lemywinks Member

i just installed an X2.2 lite into my xbox, and now that i have, the dvd drive wont open. im almost positive that the chip is installed correctly.

what happens is ill push the power button and ill hear the dvd drive, i know its the dvd drive, spin up, and then stop, then spin up again then quit and not try anymore. the hard drive is fine and just starts spinning like it should.

if i push the open button, the drive does not open, but the light around the button just starts flashing for a bit then stops.

if i turn the chip off, i get the red/orange and green flashing light around the open button and nothing happens.

either way, nothing shows up on the screen.

any help would be appreciated.

2. ben_g_ali

ben_g_ali Member

i'm suffering from the same problem i think.

i have a x-ecuter v2.2 lite plus

When the chip is switched off the xbox works fine but when the switch is on it doesnt work and does all this stupid stuff like switch on then off then on and off again ending up with flashing red and green. also sometimes i get a high pitch sound.

do you know how to fix the problem?

please email me with a solution.

3. cr250r

cr250r Member

I had the same problem, and I found that it was the D0 soldier point. It wasn't making good contact, so I had to use flux and it worked like a charm. I hope this helps :) Also, make sure you have your switch set on protect. For ben_g_ali, make sure that you've scratched the plastic off of the D0 point so you can see the copper conductor point. Then try to move that soldierless board around until you get the amber light on the modchip to light up. If you see the 2 blue leds, and not the amber led, then it's not on right. Loosen the main bolt and move it around until you think it's in the right position. Make sure you have your XBOX powered off while doing this. Then try to power it back on, and hopefully all 3 lights will light up. It takes a little bit of patience, but I'm sure you can get it to work. Good Luck :)

4. ben_g_ali

ben_g_ali Member

thanks mate

5. Lemywinks

Lemywinks Member

Nope, that doesnt seem to have fixed it. I've redon the D0 point, then then tried again soldering it to the D0 point that is on the back, but it gives the same behavior as before.