1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X3 CE bios confusion! Help! Which One and why?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by modster, Feb 23, 2005.

1. modster

modster Regular member

hi,

ok..ok.. I'm kinda confused about which bios to use for my X3 Ce chip. I downloaded two bios version, but which one do I use?

version X3 2913 v16plus.bin

or

version EvolutionX M8 Bios_v1.6

What is the difference between these version?

The file size for X3 2913 is over 1MB and M8 bios_v1.6 is about 256KB.

any experts out there who can help me to understand.

I have xbox version 1.6. I loaded the X3 2913 and it is working perfectly. But what about the M8? why is the file size less than 1MB? I set the deep switches for 1MB for the X3 modchip. Why is the M8 only 256KB?

any explanation would greatly appreciative.

thanks

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

don't use the m8...the m8 bios is for 1.6 xbox's without the x3 chip....x3 has its own bios and is thousand times better than the m8...the m8 was used for 1.6 xbox's before the x3 chip came out...the x3 chip has its own bios for all versions of xbox's...the bios is only compatible for x3 chips as well....you should get the new x3 bios...you can put m8 on another bank if you wish, but why would you want m8 when you can have the x3 bios? the x3 bios is by far the best bios available.

x3_2914_16plus

there were some bugs in 2913, so they released a new bios.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2005
  3. Twinski

Twinski Regular member

What version of xbox do you have if you have the 1.6 then use the plus, if you have anything below that use the regular one

4. mdsup

mdsup Guest

don't mess around with the other bios's...no reason to, the x3 bios can't be compared to another bios, that is how good it is.

you have the x3 chip, use the x3 bios.

5. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

There is a hacked X3 BIOS that will boot with all modchips, but you can not go in to the X3 Config Live.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2005
  6. modster

modster Regular member

Thanks guys! that really helped me to understand the difference between these two bios flash.

by the way, I just downloaded the new X3 bios 2914_16plus version and flashed my xbox. It worked great!

Again, thanks for all the support and help! Great forums and people here!

:)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2005