1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbit chip wont flash correctly

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by nettrixx, Jun 7, 2004.

1. nettrixx

nettrixx Member

Ive been tryin to flash the bios of my newly installed Xbit modchip,, everytime i try, it seems like it flashes ok,, but then when i try to verify, it always comes back with the not matching error message,,, ive tried the M7 evox,, the Xecutor X2.4983. ive even used the tool to turn the Xecutor bios into a 1 mb sized file,, and still everytime, no match when verifying,, ive also attempted, even tho it didnt match, to see if the Evolutoin X dash would load ,, and i always get the message that my Xbox cannot recognize it. Ive tried burning an audio cd and my xbox will recognize that,, but no matter how many times i burn that darned dash disc,, its no go,,
    Can anyone tell me wat i may be doin wrong,, ive followed all the numerous tutorials on these things , but nuttin evah werks,, id really appreciate it if someone could advise me on wat may be wrong,, im startin to think its just a bad chip,, but im so new to this ,, im not sure if im doin one of the many details incorrectly or not,, so please somebody let me know wat i can do next. thanks!!!! ;-)

2. BoxMods

BoxMods Regular member

One of my friends' xbox did the same thing, double-check all the connections on the chip, something might have broken off. Also check every solder point.