1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox backup?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by suprdave, Nov 10, 2002.

1. chillsbwp

chillsbwp Guest

thanks a million sykochin
    3 weeks of searching....
    less the 60 seconds with your help
    you da man!!!

2. chillsbwp

chillsbwp Guest

trying to ftp my xbox with flashfxp.
    i entered the ip address listed in the dashboards settings (192.168.0.157), but it doesnt connect. can anyone help?

3. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

when you boot your xbox with the evolution x dashboard, go to Settings or System Utils and see if it shows your network status and your ip... if not, you might need to remake a new xiso and burn it do cd-rw again, make sure the evox.ini file has the network setup
    hope that helps
    peace
    seamonkey420

4. chillsbwp

chillsbwp Guest

it does show the static ip address, this is the one i tried using with flashfxp. im using a linksys befsr41 roughter thats showing a link. i read threw your web page seamonkey, very very helpful. still connection fails with flasfxp. im using an extender2, do i half to flash it first or something also im still using my factory xbox harddrive

5. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

that factory harddrive shouldn't matter..
    in your evox.ini, do you have FTP = YES ?
    also, what dashboard version are you using?

what happens if you try to ping your xbox's ip address?
    peace

Last edited: Jan 25, 2003
  6. chillsbwp

chillsbwp Guest

ftp does= yes evox v1.8.3285
    i triple checked all setting as per your guides
    connection timed out is the connect failer on flashfxp.......im not sure what ping means
    the only thing thats not the same as your guides is the type of net mine is static your is dhcp other than that you said have the evox2 skin. havent found that yet

7. chillsbwp

chillsbwp Guest

ftp does= yes evox v1.8.3285
    all setting where done exactly as you webs guides except i have a statc ip and your was dhcp

8. Bullet666

Bullet666 Member

I'm having exactly the same problem as chillsbwp, shows connection, but won't connect. Help me please..... I'm using a NIC and xover cable

9. chillsbwp

chillsbwp Guest

whooooo hoooooo booooyaaaaa
    no i didnt just try a new sam adams light
    im connected... thanks to all
    bullet666 if you get a router Ill tell you what to do, i couldnt figure it out with just nic
    checkout seamonkey link he breaks it down really well also xboxscene tutorials

10. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

nice!!

yea, a router is your best route. hehe.. its the easiest way.
    have a good one
    seamonkey420

11. chillsbwp

chillsbwp Guest

go figure, another problem.
    I tranfered D (minority report) over to my pc then back to E in the new games folder i made, but when i go to launch from evox the games folder is empty. when i reconnect with flashfxp the folder is there, also the same problem with skins. the tranfer od evox to the hd did work, thought......any suggestions

12. phun549

phun549 Member

ok, you probably forgot to make ur ini file auto add items. just look at seamonkeys guide, and it will tell you. for the skins, just make sure u have a folder in the c: drive named Skin and just place all of the skins folders in there.

hope that helps!

-later

13. Flame67

Flame67 Guest

Hey dude where do u find the files could some one please give me some sites!

14. chillsbwp

chillsbwp Guest

Wow it finally works thanks phun546, i read those pages so many times it got to the point that i really wasnt reading it as much as just looking. thanks for pointing out what to look for.
    time for a new hard drive, could anyone tell me anything about hd's. such as do you need a special type of hd and if so where can you find a resonably priced one. or will any pc type hd work?

15. Flame67

Flame67 Guest

I have no idea on how to install mod-chips.
    Do u guys think theres a chance i could screw up my xbox.
    Should I Buy The Chip.

16. Flame67

Flame67 Guest

Oh and yea what is Evox D6 BIOS
    Do u have to buy it or does it come with the mod-chip. Or could you just download it please tell me.

17. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

harddrives:
    i think you can use any ide harddrive.
    probably would want one that ia ata66 or 100, and 5400 or 7200 RPM. I used a maxtor and it worked great.

RE: Flame67; yea, you can screw up your xbox, but if your careful you shouldn't have to worry. you have to download evox d6 bios, it is a bit hard to find it at times, but PM if you need a hint ;-)
    if you get a matrix mod chip, that chip comea without any bios for legal reasons, not sure about the x-cutioner.
    hope that helps
    peace
    seamonkey420
    ps. pics of isntalling a mod chip will be added, thanks brim!

18. Flame67

Flame67 Guest

seamonkey, I know what i'm talking about i've just never installed one in any system before.

Where do u download the Evox D6 BIOS
    I'm having alot of trouble finding it, Thanks

19. Flame67

Flame67 Guest

sorry guys i found it.
    THanxs anyway
    Oh yeah Does any body know if the Matrix mod-chip is easy to install

20. Flame67

Flame67 Guest

does anyody no a website that gives you pefect pictures and guide for installing the Matrix Mod-chip.
    I didn't buy it yet i want to see how hard it is to install