1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox backup?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by suprdave, Nov 10, 2002.

1. jmac

jmac Member

does anyone know how to format a harddrive that was taken out of an xbox so that it will work on a pc??

2. blackbox

blackbox Member

ok you guy i gust boght an x-box about a mounth or two ago and i have mesed up to disk already now i have been eye balling this site for a good amount of time now. and i site here and wonder if i would have saved money by bulding my own x-box. is that posible? any way i would like to know, do you realy have to have the card (any card that is)to go into the xbox in order to do the stuff like play copys play off the hd and connect through ip to computer. if not i don't want to put money down for some thing i dont need.

3. cav_33

cav_33 Member

I was wondering if someone could help me out.
    I was wondering how to make a copy of an existing xbox backup. I have a Pioneer 105 dvd burner and have downloaded tons of utils like xIso, Iso reader,etc... I dont know if I am using the wrong brand of media because I heard that xbox is very brand sensitive. I also have heard that Princo dvd-r works great on them. I have several backups in which I have ordered from people but now I would like to know how to copy them. I have already unsuccessfully tried like 12 dvds. I know you cannot put an original xbox game into a pc dvd burner and expect it to read it but surely there is a way to do it to already burned dvd. I have managed however to extract the files from one of my discs onto my hard drive, my problem occurs when I am trying to make a isox and burn that to dvd-r. If anyone know an alternative to the hooking the xbox up to the computer method please respond, or email me at REMOVED!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2003
  4. Flame67

Flame67 Guest

I was wondering if anybody had every ordered and sucsessfully recieved the matrix mod-chip off of the-console-corner.com. Because I have been waiting and waiting for it to come in the mail, and it just never comes. the persons email is REMOVED, and everytime i talk to him he says it will ship next week and next week.
    Please email me at REMOVED or write s post cya
    Ev Lombardi

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2003
  5. chillsbwp

chillsbwp Guest

hard drive question
    seamonkey told me earlier get a hd ata66 to 100
    my question is will one with ata 133 work?
    anybody?

6. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

Wassup boyz and girlz..
    took a little break from xboxing..

first, a few replies to ?s:
    re: jmac
    check out this site for details. you have to unlock the factory xbox harddrive, then it will become readable in your PC.
    http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/pc-hdd.php

re:blackbox
    building an xbox? i was thinking of doing this too, i see so many parts online. not sure if you can, it seems plausible. i decided to do something totally different (or not), i'm building myself a computer and using the xbox as the case for it. i'll post a few pics when i get it done. via madea new mini-itx motherboard, SIMPLY AMAZING! (tiny but fast).

re:cav_33
    i would try to use isomaker to make the xbox iso file if xiso is giving you problems. alternatives without a pc, i don't think there are any, otherwise we wouldn't need a mod chip
    ;-)

Re: chillsbwp

yea, it will work, you just won't get the ata 133 transfer rate with that harddrive, but thats ok since that xbox isn't capable of that anyways.

hope that helps everyone out!
    peace
    seamonkey420

7. GQ122

GQ122 Member

You are man Harry! sykochin... You kick but! I loved your knowledge so much that I became a member of this forum.
    Thanks man... You are my inspiration!
    LOL
    Lata'

8. 187

187 Member

What is FTP?
    sorry im new

9. wongie_jm

wongie_jm Regular member

i am a little new here so can anyone explain what this programmer thing is that you use to install the BIOS into the mod chip and where i can get it.

10. golfman

golfman Guest

If you guys are tired of seamonkeys site being down (its just too popular!) I downloaded the entire site with this program: http://download.com.com/3000-2377-10149393.html?tag=lst-0-5
    This way we dont all keep making the site go down. Just food for though. Thanks again seamonkey for all your work.

11. sturdystu

sturdystu Member

can some one help me out i cant seem t network my xbox to my pc make simple for us i have 2 pc`s networked together already make it easy with step by step info please i`m running xp
    cheers

12. torry

torry Guest

Hi. I`m desperate getting evolutionX.Can anyone please help me?

13. steveblue

steveblue Guest

i'm wondering if anybody can suggest where i'm going wrong. I've connected my xbox to the pc and copies over the D drive. I've used xiso to create an iso. I use Nero to burn an image onto a DVD+RW disc. When i boot the xbox the evox dash board is displayed, when i put the DVD in is says its unknown and wont launch. I have tried other games and somoeone elses backup whcih works fine...what am i doing wrong.

Thanks

14. chillsbwp

chillsbwp Guest

steveblue i think your problem is the dvd+rw disk itself i have the same poblem. I think the fix for the problem is pot-tweaking tutoril on ebox scene. i havent go around to it yet, myself.

15. chillsbwp

chillsbwp Guest

can anyone help with this one:
    i have a problem with some of the newwer games not working when i save on harddrive with the xecuter 2lite, is there patched out there or somthing. or is microsoft getting tougher
    (ex. vexx or kung-fu choas)

16. gon11

gon11 Member

Do you have to flash the bios? 'cause I don't even know which mod chip I have in there, and I doubt I can just flash it. I've installed Slayer's AutoInstaller and have idenified it as possibly an Enigma. I have try "backing up" a game going through the FTP, xISO, DVD-R but my box doesn't seem to recoginze it.

:p

17. steveblue

steveblue Guest

Hi again, i burned a dvd movie to the same dvd+rw and the xbox recognised it as a video, i then burnt the image of the iso onto the same disk using nero, this re-formatted the disk. the xbox comes up as unknown, am i not formatting the disk correctly or maybe i'm not creating the iso correctly.

cheers

18. steveblue

steveblue Guest

hooray success at last..i'm now using gdfimage to create the iso and this seems to work fine..trying to backup metal gear solid 2..this is 6gb..is there a way to split the disc over to dvd's.

thanks

19. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

i've found with games over the 4.36GB mark, i just either keep the games on my pc or xbox, or just burn two dvds of the game and just seperate the files that way.

hope that helps
    peace
    seamonkey420

20. steveblue

steveblue Guest

Thanks seamonkey..if you burn it onto two discs, can you use them to play the game?