1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox begginer question kit

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Jdilla, Apr 20, 2004.

1. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

i know i need a modchip. question is which one do i get? and where do i get em'. im in florida, so somewhere around the east side would be good to purchase from. honest and fast service would be nice :0 ) afar from a modchip i heard you need to flash the chip, how do you do that? i heard you need a router cable that connects from the xbox to the computer and like that you are able to make an iso image. can someone give me a kit on what ill need. since im thinking about buying and xbox today, and buying a chip tommorow. this is challenging comapre to backing up ps2 games, thats a piece of cake.so please hook me up with the 411 thanks peoples

2. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

the best "kit" to have is our search function, all the info you need is already here.

3. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

lol yeah well you'll have to do the research man about the chips since everyone here will have different opinions. also it depends if you can solder or not. if not get the xecuter2.3blite+ chip. any xecuter chip would be good or te xenium chips which is very nice, yes you have to flash the bios and install a dashboard. go to xbox-scene.com for more info and please! use the search function before posting!

4. **Aaron**

**Aaron** Regular member

i think the best one is going to be the x3 so wait about 2weeks

5. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

yeah but all of the features on that chip are not really needed any current chip would do fine if you really want a chip right away.

6. **Aaron**

**Aaron** Regular member

well if it was me id wait but still if u want a chip right now then try any xecuters in my opin

7. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

yeah the X3 might be the best in 2 weeks, but what about 2 weeks after that, or a month from now? Just get whatever chip you think will work for your needs. hell i still love the matrix chips i got running, but i also love the Xenium chip i have, it all depends on what YOU want.

8. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

thanks for the reply's guys, as ive said i purchase the xbox today, i got the halo special edition one (the translucent green xbox) this is the serial no. 180965640506. xbox-scene saids it was done in china2 since it has the FF-06.does this mean i have a v1.5? DASKINS- im really intrested in the xecuter modchip. apparently its the best no-mod modchip out there. my next question is wich one do i get, there's like 3-4 of them. wich has the best features, im really concern on getting a modchip right away. and than ill worry about backing up games and the whole shebang! im digging the halo game, right now.wheres the best place to get a chip?

9. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

well like i said it depends if you can solder or not? i got mine from modchip.ca but u can check out teamxecuter.com and on the left side it would list the oficial resellars of the xecuter chips.

10. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

nah, i dont know how to solder. so the pogo pins is the way to go for me i guess, im going to spend the whole night researching this whole xbox modding subject.

11. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

ok den get the xecuter 2.3b lite+

12. Vular

Vular Member

I agree. The lite+ is probabaly the best chip for people who are starting out. The DMS XBit is a good choice also because it is a solderless solution as well, but tutorials are easier to find for the xecuter 2.3b lite+

13. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

if i have a green translucent xbox does this mean i have a v1.2? im kinda lost. this is the info on my xbox. MFG date: 2004.02.01//// Serial NO. 180965640506//// product id: 111180965640506. again its the halo special edition green xbox, what modchips work with this version? non solder ones to be exact

14. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

man just go to xbox-scene.com and go into the xbox version section open up your box and follow the instruction to see what version u have. but i think 1.5 prolly not sure though.

15. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

i will open it. one more thing, other than the xecuter 2.3b lite +, there isnt another chip out there with similar features as the xecuter. cuz i saw the installation guide for the xecuter and i think i wont be able to install it, it seems pretty hard for me, specially the part where you need to use the fiber pen, by the way, where do you get those. and it said that if you dont have a pen, to use an xacto knive and scrape it, but to be carefull cuz if you scrape enough you can ruin your console. and the other part about tighting the screw, to much can ruing things too. im sorry to get you guys piss since im asking dumb ass newbie questions but i want to be well educated on whats in the chip and how to install the chip before i purchase the chip.

16. sheri1983

sheri1983 Member

I just installed a X2.3b lite+ about 2 weeks ago. It is SO easy... and I can't even boil water without burning it. I was VERY surprised how small these traces are, but still it was EASY! I bought a fibreglass pen online... I think it was an automotive parts firm called Eastwood, I think... paid about $20 for it, mostly for overnight shipping (I'm very patient as long as I get what I want now!).

I was frightened by the thought of flashing the BIOS, but it worked like a charm. I even upgraded it recently. FTPing also worried me, but I just plugged the xbox into the router, started up ftp program, entered IP address, and "poof!", it worked! If I can do it, you surely can!

17. Vular

Vular Member

I used a sharp knife...I like to l live dangerously...but I knew what I was at and I have a steady hand.

18. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

sheri, where did you get your xecuter modchip, im really thinking about getting that chip. and im going to search for that pen too. thanks for all the help ladies and gentlemen

19. liquid51

liquid51 Regular member

not to throw to another option out there to clog your brain, but (sorry), I'd recommend the xenium w/ solderless adapter. Specifically because of the really nice, handy dandy xenium os.
    Go to www.ozxodus.com if you want to read up on it.

20. sheri1983

sheri1983 Member

I got my chip from divineo.com. I was disappointed in how long it took to arrive. Their website said it was in stock and would ship in about 24 hours. I spent $16.75 for their rapid shipping option (next day air or two day air... can't remember). At any rate, a day or so after I expected it to arrive, I got an email telling me it was not in stock. So I waited a week longer than I should have. If I knew it was going to be out-of-stock for a week, I surely would not have paid the extra money for rapid shipping! I did eventually get it and it worked.

I also paid about $15 for rapid shipping of the fibreglass pen. It DID arrive as promised, but I had no chip to install. So, if you figure in the extra shipping charges on both the pen and the chip, I paid about $20 more than I should have!