1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox bios files

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by joho5, Jan 12, 2007.

1. joho5

joho5 Member

is xbins the only place to get these? also is there a place i can go that tells me what bios files are available for my certain chip (xecuter 2.1 pro) and what the different things they allow.

do you guys find a single bios that works good for your chip and then pretty much keep it that way, or do you trade off and try others?

im trying to figure out why there are many different bios files out there and if people switch often and why.

thanks.

2. theridges

theridges Guest

for any X2 Chip you should be using the X2 5025 bios...click my name i have a download for it on my page...thats the best bios for any and all X2 chips or any chip that is compatible with the X2 Bios like the Xenium or the Duo...

3. joho5

joho5 Member

thanks its the .rar download correct? and all of them are in the one folder?
    thanks man...im pretty new at this so im piecing my modded box together slowly. are you willing to answer a few dumb questions if the come up?

Matt

4. theridges

theridges Guest

Yep just ask....

5. joho5

joho5 Member

Ok, here are a few questions I have.

Do you recommend ndure or slayers? I have never used either, but are they pretty self explanatory? My knowledge tells me that you choose options on these programs on how you want your xbox to work and what features you want, and then the program sets up a file to burn to a cd? Then this cd is made into an .iso file and it will automatically load when you put it in the modded xbox? Another question I have is if I had the single small 256k bios file, how do I flash it to a 2.1 chip. Places say things suck as a “dummy file” has to be on there and things like that, can you explain this to me. What does it mean by putting a dummy file. For the dash setup files and bios file…can I just use a cd-r, or do I have to use cd-rw? There is a chip that is coming my way right now (xecuter 2.1 pro) and the guy is sending me everything it takes to set it up (he says) ndure to setup the hard drive, and another program to actually put the files on the hard drive (forgot the name). what I want to know is that when I get my chip installed physically, then what do I do next and lets just say I have the bios file on my computer. I need to know if I can just put that small single file on a cd and then flash the chip like that, or if a programmer for that chip is easier to work. Also, then I have the chip put in, then I have the bios flashed, then do I just put in the auto-installer cd to load the dash? Then after that it all should work correct. Im asking these questions in advance to make sure I know what to do when all this stuff gets here.

Any and all help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

6. joho5

joho5 Member

one more...how do i know what bank on the bios is being flashed?

thanks

7. theridges

theridges Guest

Well
    For the X 2.1 Pro
    if the Bios has already been flashed with the newest bios then you will not have to flash it again...
    if it is not flashed and has the Cromwell Flash Bios Preflashed to it then you will need to Flash the x2 5035 Bios to it which can be found on my profile just extract and burn the Image file with Nero......

If it does not have a bios period on it then you will need the Programmer i believe the 2.1 has a built in programmer you will just need the Serial Cable to hook it up to your computer......

The Chip has an External Switch with the on/off and Bank options....

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2007
  8. joho5

joho5 Member

so you can only have one bank on at a time though correct?

thanks for the help...i guess your profile has everything i need to know.