1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox controler to 360's

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by arcder23, Apr 19, 2007.

1. arcder23

arcder23 Member

me n my friend r trying to make a nother 360 controler out of a xbox's n me n him r wondering if thats possible?

2. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

google it!!! it is the best way to find out how to do things like that

3. handsom

handsom Regular member

Unfortunately, it's not something that can be done with direct re-wiring, it would have to run through some sort of adapter which would change it's USB signal a bit to register as a "Microsoft Xbox 360 controller" to the system, otherwise the system will A.)See if it's a storage device, and then B.) Ignore it altogether.

I haven't seen the converter/adapter devices around anywhere, but then again, I haven't really looked. I find the 360 controller really is a BIG step up from the old xbox ones, not that I wasn't a fan of the original too.

Also notable; if you were to get an adapter/converter, you'd still have one other problem, a lot of 360 games use the shoulder or "bumper" buttons for a lot of things, and this wouldn't work as well when forcably remapped to the black/white buttons on your regular xbox controller. Just a thought their before you invest too much time and money into adapter(s).

Edit:
    Btw, I really liked your sig, had to do one of my own. :D

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  4. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

your test results beat all of mine :(

5. handsom

handsom Regular member

I pay extra for a better connection, I think mine comes to about $55/month. But very much worth it to me.