1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox dead from modchip

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by HaZMaTiK, Oct 20, 2004.

1. HaZMaTiK

HaZMaTiK Guest

well a few months back i attempted to instal x2.3 lite solderless modchip into my 1.0-1.5 xbox and i think i killed it

with the modchip out and everthing put back in place xbox does this

light flashes

green/off/green/off/green/off/green/red/orange....

and no video loads up on screen is it fixable or am i screwed (witch i have finally come to realize)

2. jayquik03

jayquik03 Regular member

I did that with my box a few months back I fried something on the motherboard with the sodder running lol cause I had a friend helpin me cause I didnt have glasses at the time... I cant tell you that it's ruined but mine was so... sorry if i'm no help but I wouldnt doubt that it's done for

3. HaZMaTiK

HaZMaTiK Guest

thanks for reply i know it prolly dead well once i get money gonna have some one solder it lol well atleast i tried something new

4. jayquik03

jayquik03 Regular member

Hey you got the DO point in right??? if it's fraggin' someone siad it's usually okay do point isnt secure...

5. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

llama.com has v1.6 mainboards for $89 but not if you live in the U.S. The version they are selling is NTSCJ.

6. Cerious

Cerious Member

Well I dont know if its dead just yet. Did you use a ground strap?????? Always use for electronics. Check your connections to your HDD and DVD rom. Also make sure you put the screw back in where you put the chip. Maybe there an't no ground to your board. Main thing check your connections. Your IDE cable especially. Make sure its not coming off at the edge.