1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox DHCP IP address problem :-(

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by averse, Sep 21, 2004.

1. averse

averse Member

Hi there... I am actually very technical so I am quite upset that this is bemusing me so.
    ok. I have my chipped xbox connected to my wireless DHCP router with four other pc's connected. but no matter what settings I alter or cables I change - the xbox does not pick up an ip address. i do not understand this as it was working only 6/7 months ago. I have 20+ cat5 patch cables and I have tried them all, and they all work with my pc's but not with xbox.
    I would be happy if someone could assist me with this as I need to copy games over and delete some dirty stuff off before i give it to my son!!

Also I believe that I am missing some stuff from my dashboard. The chip was installed by a shopowner (unnamed) and he set it up so that his customers would have to go back to him with xbox everytime for updates.
    If i go into system utils the only option inside is skins, Im sure there should be more in there.
    if so how do i get these missing files and replace them??
    I havethought about replacing my dash but I have heard tell that this removes all games from harddrive! so i want another way.

thx

me

2. Spine

Spine Member

What you can do is get yourself a copy of Evolution X assuming thats what you got and burn it on a cd and ftp using that cause it will allow you to use a static ip.

3. gsanford

gsanford Guest

Silly question but are you sure your xbox nic is working ok.. Are you getting a link light when you plug in the patch cable?

4. averse

averse Member

Yep, the little light is on to suggest that there is a connection but that soesnt say whether or not packets are being sent, the xbox is not geting any ip address at all. even if plugged directly into a pc, bypassing the router!
    I dont understand as I had it working around six months ago before I moved house and before I went wireless. I thought maybe that my new internet settings would be the cause but it doesnt seem so.