1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX Hard Drive Install? PLZ RE:

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by morseman, Feb 28, 2005.

1. morseman

morseman Member

I know there is a bunch of info on this already but I can't seem to sort through all of the different variables of actions that can be taken. This is a new thread, so I am hoping I will get fresh answers as well. For those of you who may have posted info before I apologize for asking you to help again but I am hoping maybe you have found new easier ways of doing this.

My friend and I tried to copy all of the info from the origional HD and past it to the new one but of course this didn't work. We then read about the million different ways you can try to install the drive. Which method works best/easiest and also, is there a program I could get that can automagically partition the HD into the required partitions?
    We tried to send raw commands and partition and then place the modified evox.xbe on the c: but we could not write to c: we could write to the others just not the c: that all the threads say are required to run the program.

I am really hoping there is an easier way of installing the HD without modifying scripts and other tedious work. Please give me your helpful comments. Thanks.

2. morseman

morseman Member

Also, I have a moded xbox and I am using the X-BIT mod chip.

3. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

You need slayers auto installer (pm me if you don't know where to start looking) then but that to a disk and pop that into your xbox, it will allow you to format it and transfer the files to the xbox that is need (either stright from the disk or via ftp). That has always worked for me and I love it (no matter what anyone else says it's simple and quick once you have it).

Hope that's a kinda simple way,
    Degalle