1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX modding questions

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by JSand1990, May 26, 2003.

1. JSand1990

JSand1990 Member

I am thinking about modding my xbox. I will probably use the matrix mod chip so I don't have to solder and I hear its the best non solder chip. How hard would it be to install? Do I need to have any sort of expierience in certain skills to install it without messing up my xbox?

What programs do I need to have to mod my xbox?

I know I need EvoX and XIso. What else do I need? And can anyone tell me where I can get these programs? If you don't want to post it online I can give you my email and you can send me a link or something. What is the most recent version of EvoX?

Do I need any special hardware besides the mod chip? Do I need a DVD-R? I saw on the screen savers that they said a cd-rw will work like 1 out of 40 times. If it will I am willing to keep trying so I don't have to buy a dvd-r.

If anyone has any other good tutorials or tips please post them.

Thank You in advance

2. TOPLOADER

TOPLOADER Member

the executer 2 is by far the best i have used to date not had one problem with them at all
    i know its a solder one but to be honest it is so easy dont use the pins use the wire conection
    and it will go like a dream if you are unsure try practising on an old circiut board first

3. JSand1990

JSand1990 Member

Waht about the xecutor 2 light plus? It is an xecutor and it is non solder. How hard is it to install these? What are the chances I will screw up my xbox?

Last edited: May 26, 2003
  4. TOPLOADER

TOPLOADER Member

the xecutor 2 light plus looks a good option i havent fitted one of these the only problem i can see with it is if you tighten the screw up too much and strip the thread but if i remember right you get a new longer screw with it just dont tighten it too much and you will be ok if you leave your xbox where it is and dont go moving it around then go for that option
    i can give you a web link to a very reliable chip seller if you want to get one of these

5. JSand1990

JSand1990 Member

I think I will get that one if I do mod my xbox. Yes I would like the link if you can post it. Do you know where I can EvoX or other programs I need? My email is jsand1990@optonline.com . You can send me any links that you dont want to post onlibe to that email or any tips on where to d/l the software I need.

Thanks for your help.